If you’re craving those down-home, delicious flavors of Louisiana without spending hours cooking, then try out this easy camping recipe. In fact, this RVing recipe is ideal for the RVs with outdoor kitchens for sale at Trailer Hitch RV. Learn how to capture this southern soul food in this easy recipe.
Prep time: 15
Cook time: 30
- 1 lb smoked turkey sausage
- 28 peeled shrimp
- 4 ears of corn
- 4 red potatoes
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 chicken/vegetable broth
- 1-2 Zatarain’s Crab and Shrimp Boil pre-seasoned seasoning packet (depending on desired level of spice)
- salt and pepper
- aluminum foil
- Heat your grill (or oven) to 400.
- Quarter your onion, lemon, and potatoes, cut your corn into thirds, and slice the sausage.
- Evenly distribute the ingredients into four foil packets. For added flavor you can sear the sausage in a hot skillet until just brown and then add it to your packet.
- Drizzle 1/8 cup of olive oil and 1/8 cup broth in each pouch, mix in 1/4-1/2 of the seasoning packet and stir until ingredients are evenly coated. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Seal each foil pouch tightly by securing all the edges over one another and place over a hot grill for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cook until the potatoes are soft and serve.
- You can add a special twist to your meal by serving the boil over brown rice or with crostini.
Now, whether you’re visiting the great north-west coast or enjoying a vacation in the deep south, you can enjoy a delicious shrimp boil with this foil dinner. Contact us for more information about our great collection of RVs for sale.