Give your family a filling, refreshing meal when you make this delicious camping recipe during your vacation! Fresh ingredients like pineapple, peppers, and chicken breast ensure that you have a delicious and light meal that everyone will love. Check out the full recipe below!
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 tsp minced ginger
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp salt.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 polish kielbasa sausages — we use turkey sausages
- 1 red onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 can of pineapple chunks
- 1 pink lady apple
Note: I recommend using metal skewers instead of bamboo to avoid splintering and burning.
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and stir until well blended.
- Wash all produce thoroughly and then chop into 1″ pieces or chunks.
- Slice the sausage and then cube the chicken breast.
- Add all ingredients to two large Ziploc bags and shake to coat evenly. Allow the ingredients to soak 15-20 minutes.
- Divide your ingredients up by type on the kebabs. This method ensure more even cooking. The veggies, fruit, and sausage will all cook faster than the chicken breast, so this helps prevent burning. Leave a space between each chicken chunk to give the heat plenty of space to reach the chicken and cook it through.
- Add the remaining marinade to a pot and set it on the grill to heat until boiling, stirring occasionally. Add 1/4 cup of water if needed.
- Veggies, fruit, and sausage all need to cook until they are tender and warm through – 5-10 minutes depending on the heat of your fire – rotating frequently to avoid burning. Coat with the sauce every rotation.
- Heat the chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Rotate frequently to ensure even cooking, and coat with the sauce every rotation.
- When all of your ingredients are off the fire, remove from the kebabs. Now everyone can customize their plate with the fruit, veggies, and meats they want!
We hope this summer camping recipe helps you and your family enjoy your time at the campground! If you are looking for a new RV for sale to help you make the most of your time off, contact us today.